September 30, 2013

A Sort of Homecoming

While Queen's Homecoming is not taking place until October we happened to be in Kingston this past weekend to celebrate the 40th birthday of a dear friend. Since it's the 20th reunion of my class, Artsci'93, I I took the opportunity to stroll around my beloved alma mater.

It was one of those perfect Fall days, 20 degrees, with a sky that looked photo-shopped, the ivy was turning red as were many of the campus foliage, and the Rugby Gaels were demolishing a visiting team on Nixon Field. It looked like a movie set or a classic college catalogue. Here are some shots I took as we strolled around my old stomping grounds.

Theological Hall (1880)




Morgan Memorial Chapel, Theological Hall
Fleming Hall (1904)
Carruthers Hall (1890)
Ontario Hall (1903)
Grant Hall (1905)
Douglas Library (1924)
Detail, Ontario Hall (1903)
Goodes Hall (1892, addition 2002, addition 2012)

No comments:

Post a Comment