April 24, 2012

A matter of taste

With season 5 of "Mad Men" now in full swing, the show's website now allows users to update their avatars. So here is a slightly improved version of how I would look if I worked at Stirling Cooper Draper Pryce.

I guess it's convenient to blame pop culture for behaviour, but I have indeed increased my Scotch whisky consumption since we started watching "Mad Men". My current Scotch of choice is The Macallan Sherry Oak 12 Years Old. Mmmm...

We inherited a stunning set of 40 year-old whisky tumblers from Mark's mother before we moved to Toronto.  Don Draper would certainly improve. To ensure we do not damage the balance of flavours in the Scotch, we use whisky stones, made by the oldest soapstone workshop in the U.S. We store them in the freezer, so they cool down the whisky, but since they do not melt there is no unnecessary dilution of the single malt.

No comments:

Post a Comment