November 24, 2011

It's beginning to feel a lot like...

On the way back from a training session I took this picture of one of the wonderful windows of the flagship store of The Bay.

They have created a series of Christmas dioramas that are both heart-tugging in their sentiment and jaw-dropping in their detail.

Reminiscent of the famous Macy's windows in the Big Apple, I was impressed to see the creative investment in the displays alongside the very busy Queen Street West and Yonge Street facades of this very impressive building.

This is not your grandmother's The Bay. The flagship is decidedly upscale (including a gorgeous Burberry boutique), with a snazzy interior design, layout, and focus on customer service. I purchased some new Florsheim shoes there last week and received marvellous personal attention.

Speaking of attention, I patronized Truefitt & Hill Barber this week, since I was off-site all week in the Financial District. Although pricey, the experience was really, ahem, a cut above. When I arrived they took my coat, offered me a shoe shine, and then I was lead to my chair, given a very good cut, a lovely wash and scalp massage, then a neck and shoulder massage, and finally sent off with some proprietary aftershave. I will definitely return once in a while as a special treat. 






 

No comments:

Post a Comment