October 3, 2011

Farewell to Kingston

Mark and I enjoyed a farwell dinner at celebrated Kingston restaurant Chez Piggy, thanks to a generous gift certificate from my colleagues at Yonge House. We enjoyed a fantastic three-course table d'hote that featured a superb carved Muscovy Dusk.

Chez Piggy is one of those Kingston landmarks that we shall very much miss as well as its companion bakery, Pan Chancho.  We shall also be looking to somehow replace Classic Video, whose back collection of TV shows and movies is nothing short of amazing. Of course, I will also miss my beloved Queen's but I plan on being heavily involved with the Queen's  Toronto Alumni Branch.

Other things we will miss about Kingston are the Farmer's Market, the waterfront near the Kingston Yacht Club, and strolling along historic King Street.

I came to age in Kingston and, after 20 years, I am grateful for my time in the city and am looking forward to our new chapter and adventures in Toronto. Still, Kingston will always have a very special place in my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment