July 22, 2009

A Select Experience

Our dear Toronto friends, Toni and Dave, treated us last weekend to a marvellous meal at the finest French bistro I have ever had the pleasure of dining in, Le Select Bistro. Hailed by foodies and critics alike as Toronto's most authentic Parisian bistro, I was blown away by the food quality and the attentive, yet unobstructive, service. I love classic French service, where up to 5 waitstaff attend to your table at different points throughout your meal. Water, bread, and wine kept magically appearing and the courses were well-timed.

Most impressive is that this restaurant has a 14,000-bottle wine cellar! That translates to a, gulp, 73-page wine list. I almost fainted when they handed it to me.

As for the meal, I went for the prix fixe, with a roasted red pepper soup to start, duck confit for the main, and a sinful creme brulee to finish. Next time you are in the Big Smoke, treat yourself to a night in Paris at Le Select.

No comments:

Post a Comment