June 16, 2008

Coldplay's new album "Viva La Vida" will be released tomorrow. The title track is such a tremendously gorgeous noise. I have listened to it so much I am glad that it's digital, lest I wear it out (remember those days?).

I used to rule the world/Seas would rise when I gave the word/Now in the morning I sweep alone/Sweep the streets I used to own/I used to roll the dice/Feel the fear in my enemy's eyes/Listen as the crowd would sing:"Now the old king is dead! /Long live the king!/"One minute I held the key/Next the walls were closed on me/And I discovered that my castles stand/Upon pillars of sand, pillars of sand/I hear Jerusalem bells are ringing/Roman Cavalry choirs are singing/Be my mirror my sword and shield/My missionaries in a foreign field/For some reason I can not explain/Once you know there was never, never an honest word/That was when I ruled the world(Ohhh)/It was the wicked and wild wind/Blew down the doors to let me in./Shattered windows and the sound of drums/People could not believe what I'd become/Revolutionaries Wait/For my head on a silver plate/Just a puppet on a lonely string/Oh who would ever want to be king? /I hear Jerusalem bells are ringing/Roman Cavalry choirs are singing/Be my mirror my sword and shield/My missionaries in a foreign field/For some reason I can not explain/I know Saint Peter will call my name/Never an honest word/And that was when I ruled the world/(Ohhhhh Ohhh Ohhh)/Hear Jerusalem bells are ringings/Roman Cavalry choirs are singing/Be my mirror my sword and shield/My missionaries in a foreign field/For some reason I can not explain/I know Saint Peter will call my name/Never an honest word/But that was when I ruled the world/Oooooh Oooooh Oooooh"

No comments:

Post a Comment